The police roughed me up pretty badly and arrested me, and I stayed in jail for two weeks, but then the charges were dismissed. What can I do about it?

Posted by:

Plenty. Title 42 of the United States Code, Section 1983, allows you to file a civil rights suit for redress of your civil rights violations. “Excessive force” is a civil rights violation, just as “false arrest” is another.


About the Author:

John M. Castellano is a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney who has helped thousands of clients throughout Florida. While building a reputation as a premiere Fort Lauderdale DUI attorney, Mr. Castellano has worked tirelessly to develop strategies to best protect the rights of those arrested for DUI in Broward, Dade and West Palm. However, Mr. Castellano is not just a drunk driving lawyer. He has been a successful domestic violence attorney, drug trafficking attorney, as well as all other Felony and Misdemeanor cases.